Whenever it gets close to the holiday season, demand for Airbnb listings increases dramatically. People traveling for leisure look at Airbnb as a cheap and attractive alternative to staying at hotels. Now you may want to seize the opportunity of a high-demand market and transform your rental property into a magical holiday getaway that attracts the attention of enthusiastic tourists by making a few changes. Stay reading to see some of the advantages of making your place a perfect holiday getaway, as well as see how to do that exactly.
What are the potential advantages?
- Many people consider escaping their usual environment and forgetting about their busy schedules during weekends and national holidays by staying in a holiday getaway that allows them to experience a new way of life.
- You may cater to the needs of these groups who are willing to spend a greater price for a one-of-a-kind experience by adding a few touches here and there.
- Holiday getaways have specific distinguishing characteristics that set them apart from your average Airbnb, and more guests are likely to be drawn to your residence if it provides them more than just a place to stay.
How to turn your place into a dreamy holiday getaway:
Silence is bliss.
As a respite from the hustle and bustle of city life and office buildings, many of your guests would prefer to spend their vacations somewhere quiet and serene. Silence gives rise to peace, and with peace comes a sense of security. These steps can help ensure your property is silent and comfortable for any guests:
- The installation of soundproof windows and doors
- Repairing squeaky floors
- The use of absorbent decors, such as thick curtains and heavy rugs
- Adding door sweeps under door gaps that can provide your guests with the peace and quiet they require.
Add a local accent.
Want to make your guests’ stay even more memorable? The holidays are a great time to get into the spirit of things, from decorating for the season to sharing local cuisine and traditions. Your guests will be delighted to experience a setting that is different from their own in the holiday getaway that you offer.
Keep track of upcoming events
Some cities host special events that draw large crowds in addition to major holidays such as Diwali, Hanukkah, Christmas, and Kwanzaa. Are there any upcoming popular local events, such as festivals or concerts? These dates are essential to remember while managing a holiday getaway as you plan your calendar. Your local tourism agency, social media communities, and an event app or website are all ways to keep up with what’s happening in your area.
Image-based social media platforms like Instagram are becoming an important part of our lives in 2022. So, you’ll want to make the best of the situation. Many people like to post pictures of their vacations online. It can be a great way to advertise your holiday getaway online, and visually appealing places are more likely to be chosen.
- Become a minimalist: Minimal accessories can make your space look sleek, stylish, and not feel overcrowded.
- Neutral colors are trendy and a good idea if they go with the theme of your place
- Make sure your lighting is adequate! Choose a large chandelier or a floor lamp. This will come in handy while taking photos in your living room. Place your furniture near a window with plenty of natural light for the ideal shot.
- Consider framing your paintings before hanging them on the wall.
- Make sure you don’t skip over the details. A well-chosen knit throw or pair of accent pillows can help bring a room together. You can maybe even include a few extra as a perk.
Small, thoughtful touches matter. For example, leaving a cold drink or a vase of flowers at their door or offering to reserve a table at a restaurant where the locals prefer to eat can go a long way toward delighting your guests. These unexpected features make guests feel precious while connecting them to events and things in your neighborhood.